Friday, January 28, 2011

OPI Melon Of Troy

Coral is an interesting shade.  A first I unabashedly loved it thanks to Deborah Lippmann It's Delovely, which I have to show you one of these days.  Something I recently read in Ji Baek's book however made me reconsider it as a color indicative of my grandmother.  Now I just can't shake that matronly feeling.

OPI Melon of Troy, from the Greek Isles Collection, is a peachy coral frost.  It covers nicely in two coats.  Frosts can be a little streaky so you have to be careful about brushstrokes, but overall I found this polish easy to work with.

OPI Melon Of Troy, two coats, sunlight
Sometimes giving polishes a second try brings about a whole new experience with them.  I will try this one again more towards summer, when I'm a little more tan.  As a first time manicure it didn't really grab me.  I LOVE the name though, so OPI gets an A+ for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment