Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Polished at the Jersey Shore

As my polish collection increased steadily, one question plagued me throughout the fall:

"What colors am I going to bring for my month-long Winter break in New Jersey?!"

I gave this serious consideration, especially since one of the last times I traveled I had a rather unfortunate lacquer incident.  Granted, it was my fault for putting my bag of polishes in the front compartment of my suitcase.  But my bottle of OPI Midnight Blue Glitter shattered, spilling its contents all over its companion bottles and ruining my makeup bag AND Seacret Nail Buffer.  Those things are great btw.  I got sucked into buying one at the Galleria but got some good use out of it before it's untimely demise.

Anyway, I no longer travel with polishes I'd be upset about losing.  So while I'd love to wear Paradoxal and Bad Romance 24/7 I left those behind in favor of mainly China Glaze, since I have about half of their Christmas collection and am running out of time for it to be seasonally appropriate.


From Left to Right:

  • Orly Bonder
  • Butter London Matte Finish Topcoat
  • Seche Vite
  • China Glaze Frosty
  • China Glaze Swing Baby
  • China Glaze Mrs. Claus
  • China Glaze Sugar Plums
  • China Glaze Mummy May I
  • SEPHORA by OPI I'm With Brad
  • China Glaze Naughty and Nice
  •  Wet n Wild Morbid
  • China Glaze Watermelon Rind
  • L'oreal Waters Edge
  • China Glaze Party Hearty

The Clears and Shears:
Orly Bonder, Butter London Matte Finish, Seche Vite, China Glaze Frosty, China Glaze Swing Baby
The Reds:
China Glaze Mrs. Claus, China Glaze Sugar Plums, China Glaze Mummy May I, SEPHORA by OPI I'm With Brad, China Glaze Naughty and Nice
 The [Mainly] Greens:
Wet n Wild Morbid, China Glaze Watermelon Rind, L'oreal Waters Edge, China Glaze Party Hearty
Mummy May I is my fill-in for Bad Romance, and I'm hoping to find Revlon Perplex at a drugstore to fill my Paradoxal void.

As an addendum, my dear friend who drove me to the airport gave me OPI Bring on the Bling as a gift, so that obviously came too.  Swatches to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment