- Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em- A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand.
- Do You Think I'm Tex-y- A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia.
- Houston We Have A Purple- A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket roll”!
- Suzi Loves Cowboys- But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
- I Vant To Be A-Lone Star- You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue.
- It's Totally Fort Worth It-A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you.
- Austin-tatious Turquoise- Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green.
- Don't Mess With OPI- A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green.
- Y'all Come Back Ya Hear?- This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!
- Guy Meets Galveston- An “engaging” coastal coral.
- Big Hair...Big Nails-A rosy pageant peach.
- San Tan-Tonio-A “honey” of a ten-gallon tan!
Obviously the clever names and descriptions are enough to hook me on the whole collection, but here are the colors that look the most trend-setting to me:
- It's Totally Fort Worth It: We've seen grey coming into vogue this past season, especially in combination with other colors. (think Deborah Lippmann Waking Up In Vegas, the "greige" worn by Lady GaGa on the cover of Vanity Fair.)
- San Tan-Tonio: There's always a search for the perfect nudetral. (Get it, nude+neutral?)
While I'm inclined to like Houston We Have A Purple, I think that's just for the name. It looks like a pretty shade, but not terribly unique, especially from OPI. Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? Is the shade thats closest to the ubiquitous UT orange, and I don't see how you could have a Texas collection without that! Don't Mess WIth OPI Also looks fun, but come on OPI, we've seen the matching Green/Blue pairing in two of your most recent collections- From Hong Kong: Jade is the New Black and Suzi Says Feng Shui; From Swiss:Cuckoo For This Color and Yodel Me On My Cell. As for the rest of the collection, it seems like your normal varying shades of Pink. Depending on what you're looking for, one of these could be perfect for you. And maybe it's time to get back to some more "traditional" colors after the onslaught of unique shades and glitters the nail polish industry has been overloaded with lately.
All in all, I think the best aspect of this collection is the polish names. Now I turn it over to y'all: What do you think? Anything grab ya? Would you buy polish based solely on a witty name?