Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lippmann Kiss From A Rose feat. Genghis Barbie


Greetings.  Over the Summer, Gilt Groupe had a sale on Deborah Lippmann Polishes and, having a $25 credit burning a hole in my account, I was fortunate to pick up two colors for a whopping $2.75.  That's right, $2.75.  While the sale's offerings were a little disappointing (I was really hoping for Marquee Moon and Funky Chunky) I am thrilled with the two polishes I did score; Kiss From A Rose and It's Delovely.

Today I have swatches of Kiss From A Rose, a super sexy and sophisticated red creme.  Lippmann's website calls this a "bold merlot" and I can see that, although to me it's more reminiscent of the muted scarlet of a 1920's billiards room.

Deborah Lippmann Kiss From A Rose, two coats indoors, fluorescent light
Deborah Lippmann Kiss From A Rose two coats indoors, fluorescent light
Deborah Lippmann Kiss From A Rose, two coats indoors, indirect sunlight

Application was flawless and dry time, as on all Lippmanns I have, was excellent.  This wore well even with just Orly Bonder and no top coat.  I absolutely love this color and will be sure to wear it again.
Now before I go, I'd like to leave you with a musical offering.  Since all of Deb's polishes are named after songs, I can't use one and not get it's tribute stuck in my head.  Here is my favorite version of Kiss From A Rose performed by a great up-and-coming group, if you don't know them you should- Genghis Barbie.



Thanks for stopping by, come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment