Sunday, October 31, 2010

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance

Happy Halloween!!!  From the first time I saw it, I knew for this day I HAD to wear Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance on my nails.  First, the combination of black and purple is spoooooky.  Second, this is the polish she created for Lady GaGa, whom I have had aspirations to dress up as since, oh I don't know, March.

Bad Romance is a black base with two sizes of purple glitter: small regular glitter and big hexagonal glitter.  The black base is sheer so I needed three coats for complete opacity.  When the polish dries, it has an uneven texture that reminds me of purple boils on a witch's skin.  It's a look that's growing on me, but I added a coat of seche vite to smooth things over.

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance, three coats, direct sunlight

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance, three coats, shade
Look at how pretty the bottle looks!
Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance, three coats, shade

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance, three coats indoors with flash

And because this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of my costume, here is me being Lady GaGa.



I'm ready for my close-up


The nails were the perfect touch, don't you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment