Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Zoya Mimi


Howdy friends!  Today I have a polish to share with you that has a special meaning for me, Zoya Mimi.  This is the polish that I was wearing when I won my job with the San Antonio Symphony.  In addition to that special memory and the fabulous royal purple glass-flecked color, I love the name of this polsih- Mimi!  It always makes me think of the end of La Boheme, when Rodolfo is screaming the name of his girlfriend, who has just died.  Click here for that clip, sung by Pavorotti.





This polish doesn't look anything like dying sopranos though, it definitely looks like a fun purple party on your nails.  Let's check it out.  This is two coats of Zoya Mimi.

Zoya Mimi, two coats with flash

Zoya Mimi, two coats in sunlight
Stats:
  • Color: Incredibly unique
  • Finish: Sparkle flecks
  • Price: Moderate, $8
  • Application: Pretty good.  Polish is a little thin, go slowly to avoid cuticle drag
  • Dry Time: Average
  • Impressions: Royal purple, funky, fun.  
Overall:  Mimi has an aria in La Boheme about how whenever she goes anywhere, she is so fabulous that people can't help but stare at her.  I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of this polish.

Stay tuned for another polish from the sparkle collection, this time a fabulous green.

No comments:

Post a Comment