Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wet n Wild Morbid

There's been some buzz about Chanel's new shade for spring '11, Black Pearl.  It looks like its going to be a gunmetal green pearl/shimmer.  While I don't see what that has to do with spring, Chanel's polishes certainly create trends (Jade, Nouvelle Vague) so darned if I don't try to find a dupe for this one before it gets released.  I found something at Walgreens which I think might be close.  This is Wet n Wild Morbid.  I love that this polish costs under $2.  The wide circular cap makes it very awkward to apply, but since when has than deterred anyone from using a polish?  (If you have passed on a polish because you didn't like the cap, I'd love to hear about it.)  This is two coats, no top coat.
Wet n Wild Morbid, two coats, shade

Wet n Wild Morbid, two coats, direct sunlight

Wet n Wild Morbid, two coats, direct sunlight
Had I not been looking for something comparable to the Chanel I probably wouldn't have bought this.  I suspect though this polish might grow on me the next time I wear it, as many do.  (Right now I'm giving Revlon Get Reddy a second try and I'm slightly in love with it.  As soon as I get back to my camera I can't wait to show you pictures of it.)

So what do you think?  Are you excited for Black Pearl?  Do you think this could be a dupe?  Would you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment