Friday, November 19, 2010

Chanel Paradoxal

Paradox, n: any person, thing, or situation exhibiting an apparently contradictory nature.  What a perfect name for this polish.  Chanel's Limited Edition shade for Fall 2010 alternates between purple and taupe, with its purple shimmer most visible in bright sunlight.  I wasn't planning on buying this since $23 is a bit much for a polish, but after sampling it at Nordstroms with a friend, we both just about died.  Then when a friend of hers at Saks offered to hook us up with a discount on two bottles, how could I say no?

I was in a rush when I did this manicure.  Having only an hour between dress rehearsal and a concert, I had to decide between shower, food or manicure.  (Obviously I went with manicure.)  Application was just ok but I blame that on my rushing, not the polish.  Every time I lifted the brush out of the bottle the bristles caught the afternoon sunlight and it was just gorgeous.  The first picture shows Paradoxal's purple side while the second two show its taupe alter-ego, which is how it looks most of the time.


Chanel Paradoxal, two coats direct sunlight

Chanel Paradoxal, two coats shade

Chanel Paradoxal, two coats shade
Because I was in a rush I topped it with one coat of Seche Vite, which I think might have dulled the shimmer just slightly.  Next time I'd like to skip that, since the natural finish on Chanel polishes are reputed to be great.  This manicure wore really well for six days with only minimal tipwear, and I really only changed it because I was in the mood for something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment