Monday, February 14, 2011

Step 2 The Beat Of My Paradoxal Heart

Happy Valentine's Day!  When my good friend shared a dream she had about a manicure with hearts on it, I told her about Step 2 the beat of my <3, one of the new Justin Bieber polishes from Nicole by OPI.  She indeed caught the Bieber fever and rushed out to buy it, and it was too cute for me to pass up so I ended up buying it too!  Step 2 the beat of my <3 has multicolored regular glitter and pink and purple heart glitter in a clear base.  It a HUGE pain to get the hearts onto the brush.  It took a lot of time fishing for me to get even just a couple on my nails, but the effect was worth it.  I layered one coat of Step 2 the beat of my <3 over two coats of Chanel Paradoxal and topped it with seche vite to make sure the hearts didn't go anywhere after a couple of days.  I LOVE the way this turned out.  Paradoxal looks gorgeous as always and the pink hearts and flashy glitter are the perfect girly romantic touch.

In these swatches you'll see that I had a rather unfortunate incident with my right hand.  I decided to go a week without wearing polish and two terrible things happened:  I got really sick, and I broke two nails.  When my nails split and peel I can't help biting them, and now my right middle finger looks horribly maimed.  I didn't have the heart to file all my nails down to that length, so I think my left hand will take over as my swatching hand for the time being.

S2TBOM<3, one coat over Chanel Paradoxal

 My left hand in its Castinails debut!
S2TBOM<3, one coat over Chanel Paradoxal

 Heres a closeup in sunlight.  Look at the holo effect on the hearts!  Love it.

S2TBOM<3, one coat over Chanel Paradoxal, direct sunlight
 My original idea was to layer S2TBOM<3 over a silver foil.  I think I may do that later this week and put up swatches.  I'm so in love with this polish I plan on wearing V-day manicures all week!

What color would you layer this over?  And more importantly, have you caught Bieber Fever?

No comments:

Post a Comment