Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Zoya Avril and Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold Crackle

Today I have an elegant crackle manicure to share with you.  While at Walgreens I ran into the Sally Hansen new crackle collection and decided to get Antiqued Gold.  I chose to pair it with Zoya Avril, a beautiful dusty pale pink creme.  Avril takes time to get a smooth manicure.  I got away with two coats because I was putting crackle on top, but if you want it opaque on its own or have longer nails, you will need three coats.  Here is Zoya Avril on its own:
Zoya Avril, two coats with flash
After the polish was completely dry (I waited 15 minutes)  I added a coat of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Antiqued Gold.


Zoya Avril with one coat Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Antiqued Gold

The effect is very subdued but I think it has the elegant look of ballet and Versailles and yes, antiqued gold.  This crackle didn't crack as much as the OPI Black Shatter, so I recommend using a very thin coat.
Overall I'm pleased with how this turned out.

What do you think?  What colors would you pair gold crackle with?


2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I think since the crackle is such a soft, muted color, it would look awesome with a bright color that really pops out underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm thinking a neon orange would be fun.

    ReplyDelete